Bath and Stratford Canterbuty are among the most beautiful cities in England , with, of course, London . These places have a huge cultural value and are linked including famous names in the history of literature. There are old towns, scenic, with a special architecture represents a perfect destination for tourists interested in culture and history.
London metropolitan areaThe Examiner newspaper undertook the difficult task of selecting only 10 cities to be included among the most beautiful places in England.
2. The most beautiful cities in England. Canterbury horrific crime sceneCanterbury city is located on the banks of the River Stout and is the seat of the Archdiocese of Canterbury, the highest religious authority in England. The city became known after Chaucer was presented in the book “Canterbury Tales .” The city is protected by UNESCO in 1988 and is the main tourist attraction Cathedral. It is famous stately building after a sad episode in the history of England in 1170 here was assassinated Archbishop Thomas Becket.
3. The most beautiful cities in England. Chester combination of ancient and medieval artifactsEven if it is less known than the first two towns, Chester is one of the most beautiful places in England. Located on the banks of the River Dee , Chester has an imposing Norman cathedral, but perfectly preserved ancient walls. On the narrow streets there are many small shops, usually located in the basement, which offers a romantic touch appealing.
4. The most beautiful cities in England. Durham, UNESCO heritage cityAnd Durham city declared UNESCO heritage due to its historical remains and the special role that culture plays for the British. Durham University has existed for 178 years, and among popular attractions include Norman Norman castle and cathedral, and Raby Castle and many museums.
5. The most beautiful cities in England. Lincoln , the perfect example of Norman architecture Lincoln City is perhaps the clearest evidence that the main attractions are the castles and cathedrals of England. Castle and Lincoln Cathedral are perfect examples of Norman architecture in the latter case is a case of reconstructions over time, so that the cathedral is considered one of the earliest Gothic buildings in Europe. Old Town has many medieval buildings. Tourists can visit the Bishop’s Palace, High Bridge and numerous museums, or choose a unique circuit, Ghosts walk to get on the local legends and superstitions.
6. The most beautiful cities in England. London has dozens of famous museums and art galleriesLondon is only ranked sixth among the most beautiful cities in England conducted by The Examiner journalists. However, the British capital has many unique sights in the world, a culture of inestimable value: St. Paul’s Cathedral , Westminster Abbey , Westminster Palace Tower of London and Tower Bridge. Add to this the dozens of museums and art galleries famous worldwide: the Tate Modern , the Victoria & Albert Museum , Natural History Museum, British Museum , Madame Tussauds. Tourists can stroll through the old town or choose a cruise on the River Thames , and those with higher incomes can shop in famous luxury store Harrods. Treatru lovers, opera or classical music can choose between the performances taking place at the Royal Albert Hall and the Royal Opera House.
7. The most beautiful cities in England. Oxford, seat of the oldest universities in the worldOxford houses one of the oldest and best universities in the world, so there may be encountered many remarkable libraries. Among the attractions include Natural History Museum and the Ashmolean Museum . In Oxford they were born many famous writers, become famous and recognized worldwide, including JRR Tolkien and Oscar Wilde . With a beautiful botanical garden, and the most pleasant way to spend a few hours off is through a cruise on the River Cherwell.
Another very beautiful city that gave the world a famous writer, is Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare . The city is unique Tudor-style buildings constructed, and among the attractions include Anne Hathaway’s Mansion (Shakespeare’s wife) and Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
9. The most beautiful cities in England. Winchester, famous for its medieval cathedralAnd Winchester ranks among the most beautiful cities in England. The city is known for its cathedral and castle built in 1079 Winchester, finished in 1235, which was preserved only the Great Hall. And here there is an important faculty, Winchester College, which opened in 1393.
10. The most beautiful cities in England. York, a beautiful medieval townThe last place on the list, but just as beautiful, is York. It is a medieval city , which harmoniously combines the influences of Roman, Viking and Norman. Some popular attractions include York Minster, the largest medieval building in Britain and Clifford Tower. Tourists who come here can visit numerous museums, cruises on the RiverHouse or can wander the medieval streets.
Bath is one of the most beautiful cities in england
Bath is one of the most beautiful cities in england.