Here is our best Xmas deals for our readers:
Appleby Castle is a rural retreat nestled between the North Pennines, the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales. Be king of the castle with this 49%-off mini break that includes breakfast and a guided tour.
- Overnight accommodation in a Castle Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A complimentary castle tour
- It’s an extra £50 to add on a 3-course dinner for two (worth £44.95 per person)
- It’s £249 for a 2-night stay with daily breakfast, dinner on the first evening and a castle tour
- Not available on 22-27, 31 December; 10, 13-14, 16-24 February; 22-23, 30-31 March
You can “relax in stunning waterside surroundings” at the “truly tranquil” Spa 6, says The Good Spa Guide. A spa day, including two treatments, all-day use of the facilities and either lunch or afternoon tea, is now £64.
- A spa day for one, including a 45-minute Rasul Ritual or a 25-minute Dry Floatation, plus either a 25-minute Aromatherapy Discovery Facial or Tranquillity Scalp Massage
- All-day use of the facilities, plus robe, towel and slipper hire, and 20% off any additional pre-booked treatments
- A light lunch from the 3-course Spa 6 set menu or afternoon tea (to be taken before 4pm)
- A voucher for two is £125
Escape to The White Swan Hotel & Restaurant, a village inn one mile outside the Yorkshire Dales National Park and less than five minutes’ walk from the ruins of a 12th-century castle. This overnight stay saves up to 43% on the usual cost.
London /Restaurant/308881/Dukes-Hotel-Ltd/" target="_blank" rel="noopener" data-saferedirecturl="https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.travelzoo.com/uk/local-deals/London/Restaurant/308881/Dukes-Hotel-Ltd/&source=gmail&ust=1545488883620000&usg=AFQjCNGxhW_hwE3lIHK7nJDcPFlGOCFk8A">5-star St James’s hotel: afternoon tea & bubbly for 2, Only £58!
Travelzoo members can now get afternoon tea with sparkling wine for £29 a head at the AA 5-Red-Star* DUKES LONDON hotel, saving 30% on the regular price.
Save 37% on a cosy winter stay at The Park Hotel — 20 minutes’ drive from Exmoor and the North Devon coast. This exclusive dinner, bed and breakfast package is now less than £55 per person.
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- £30 dining credit per person to spend in the hotel restaurant (food only)
- It’s £199 for a 2-night stay with the second night on a B&B basis
- It’s an extra £20 per night to stay in a Superior Double Room; an extra £30 per night to stay in a Garden Court Deluxe Room; or an extra £40 to stay in a Deluxe Room (payable to the hotel on arrival)
Kick off the festive season with this offer from Naked Wines, which gets you 12 bottles of wine, including a bottle of bubbly, delivered straight to your door for £45 instead of £129.88. Even with postage and packaging (£4.99), that’s only £4.16 a bottle.
- The Christmas Essentials Mixed Case, including the below wines
- One bottle of Sacchetto Col de L’Utia Frizzante (sparkling)
- Two bottles of Castillo Catadau Gran Reserva 2011 (red)
- Two bottles of Arabella Merlot 2017 (red)
- Two bottles of Oh Sister Tinto (red)
- One bottle of Carlos Rodriguez Trigales NV (red)
- Two bottles of Vivolo Pinot Grigio 2017 (white)
- Two bottles of Villebois Loire Sauvignon Blanc 2017 (white)
- Vouchers must be redeemed before 28 February, 2019
- Once you have completed your purchase, you or the gift recipient will automatically be added to the waiting list to become a Naked Wines member. Once you are a member, you will be charged £20 a month, which will appear as credit in your account on the Naked Wines website. By becoming a member, you will have access to the “Angel Rates” on the Naked Wines website, saving you up to 50% on non-member prices
- You can leave the waiting list at any time by visiting the “My Account” section of the Naked Wines website
The White Swan Inn is a 16th-century hotel in Pickering — a historic yet “lively” (Lonely Planet) market town on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. An overnight stay at this 3-AA-Silver-Star hotel is now £109 — saving you 50%.
- Overnight accommodation in a Vintage Double/Twin Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A bottle of champagne in the room on arrival (worth £40)
- Chocolates in the room on arrival (worth £10)
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth £20)
- An overnight stay with full English breakfast, a bottle of champagne and chocolates in your room on arrival, £30 dinner credit per person and late checkout, is £149
- A Superior Vintage Room or a Hideaway room is an extra £20 per night (payable direct to the hotel on booking)
- We’ve also negotiated tapas and bubbly for two for £25
- Not available on 13-15 February, 2019
According to The Herald, you can look forward to “perfectly cooked” dishes that are “packed with natural flavour” at Taisteal in Stockbridge. You and a friend can now get a 2-course meal with bubbly for less than £15 a head.
- A 2-course meal for two from the Main Menu*, including a main course and either a starter or a dessert, and a 125ml glass of prosecco each
- A voucher for four is £55 and a voucher for one is £15
- You can add a third course to your meal — this option is £39 for two, £75 for four or £20 for one
- Valid from 8 January-30 April, 2019. Lunch: 12-2:30pm Tuesday-Saturday. Dinner: 6-9:30pm Tuesday-Thursday; 5:30-6pm Friday-Saturday (table will have to be vacated by 7:30pm)
- Alternatively, you can get a 5-course tasting-menu meal for two for £59